Monday, February 06, 2006

FlatRateTech.com

When you think about it, Service can be a very large part of your purchase of a new vehicle. Many times over the years, a salesman has taken me back to the service are of the dealership as a way of selling you on that dealership and not just the vehicle. And while it's obvious that I love Ford, it may not be apparent that I don't love all Ford dealers or their service departments. Over the last 18 years, I've bought many Ford vehicles, from several dealerships, but have brought all of them to only one dealership for service. Scarsdale Ford in Scarsdale NY has in my opinion the best service department in my area. I won't name the worst, but if you saw the photo a few months ago of the Ford GT that was wrecked by an employee of the dealership making a bank run, that's the one. It's in Westchester county on a major road, and is actually the closest dealer to my home.
But to get more on point, any dealer's service department comes down to people. Now I don't know this group in the photo, they were the result of a Google image search. But the people who service and repair our cars are actually more important than the ones who sell us our vehicle.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what they think about the industry and the vehicles? Well, thanks to Vince of FlatRateTech.com, now we can. This is a forum for industry service people to discuss issues, that could have an impact on every consumer. From the "Flat Rate" to "Technical Service Bulletins" and everything in between. Take some time to visit the site, and for good or bad, find out what the guys that fix your car have to say.

Thanks Vince for the email.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to FRT, Joe.

Borman

Big Ford Fan said...

Joe, you're welcome, it's an interesting site, and I felt that some of my readers might find it useful. It's good to hear the perspective of the techs that service our cars.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe for the link to FRT. you have a very good site and I will come be often.