Monday, January 30, 2006

Lincoln's Alpha Numbeic naming lands them in court, as Honda sues to preserve MDX


Now excuse me if I laugh, but this is just perfect. After Lincoln unvieled their new Aviator, oh I mean MKX, Honda apparently took issue with how close the new Alpha name was to their own MDX. I mean come on, I don't think calling the "Mark X" but spelling it MKX is going to hold water in court. They should have stuck with the Aviator name, and as for the MKS "Mark S", try something else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...but car names are different. MB has an M-class. BMW has M3 & M5. Infinity has M. Acura has RL and Lexus has RX & RSX. Mazda as RX8. How many variation of Spider/Spyder have been used?

Alpha-numeric names make marketing sense, but come on, they can come up with something new...like BBQ, AOK, CPR, ASAP, or MILF...