Thursday, January 12, 2006

Blogging slow, doing summer reading in January

Who says "print is dead?" Not in my house. I've been slow posting this week, not because it's a slow news week, obviously others are posting non stop about the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. But I've been catching up on my reading. I received several books for Christmas and have been trying to read them, when the cats aren't. I don't really think they care what I'm reading, just as long as one hand is free for scratching behind their ears.
I had mentioned one book in an earlier post, but figured I'd list them here if anyone was interested in learning more about Ford (Motor Company)

The creation of the Ford empire, Henry and Edsel by Richard Bak
WHEELS for the WORLD by Douglas Brinkley
FORD TOUGH, Bill Ford and the battle to rebuild America's automaker by David Magee

I've finished the Bak book and am half way through the Magee, and hope to start the Brinkley book Friday. So posting may be slow, but hopefully these books will inspire me to wax philosophically about Ford and the auto industry in general. Now that the Detroit show is open to the public, there won't be much news from there, but if you want to know all there is to know, check out www.mphonline.com and www.autoblog.com , if you want your own copies of these and other books about Ford (or anything else) click the title link to Amazon.com

No comments: