Friday, January 13, 2006

Inspried by Brian's post, here are some of my past rides, including non Ford

Brian of RaceDriven.com is a member of the Autobloggers blog as I am, and he posted an interesting question, that prompted a little stroll down memory lane. He wanted to know what everyone's First car was and then the favorite of all the cars they owned.

Well, my first car was a 1967 Ford Fairlane wagon that my parents gave me, but I didn't have my license before that car went away. So the first car that was mine, bought and paid for was a 78 Chevy. But my first brand new car was a 1988 Ford Festiva like the one pictured here.

I had a collection of 70's cars mostly Ford including a Granada and a Versailes.
For a year I had an ex-police car in the fleet, a 1977 Plymouth Fury.
The 78 Monza was similar to this one.
For a couple of months in the mid 90's I had my only Japanese car, a Honda Accord. Never do that again.
My first truck was a Chevy. This beat up stepside was purchased at auction for $400 and sold 18 months later for the same price. Have to admit it was a lot of fun.
The only new car that I ever bought that wasn't a Ford. My 1994 Chevy S-10 SS. This was a lot of fun.
I had a 92 Crown Vic like this one. Actually I wish I stil had that. I know the guy I sold it to and he and his wife love it.
Now this one was at the same time one of the best and worst cars I've ever owned. A 93 Taurus SHOmatic. Fast and fun to drive, but with more problems than it was worth. I didn't even have the nerve to sell it, instead I donated it to charity with a list of all the problems in the glove box.

Just a quick stroll through the past. My parents weren't thrilled with my car collecting, at one time I had 5 cars and lived at home with Mom and Dad. I miss that feeling, you know walking out and trying to figure out what to drive today. I had my Mustang and the S-10 SS at the same time, as well as some of the 70's beaters. And as much as I hate white cars I had 3 at one time, just cause they were bargains. And I have 2 brothers who had cars and my parents each had a car, so for a brief while it looked like a used car lot around our house.

Only the pictures of the Chevy trucks are actually my vehicles, all others taken from Google image search. The shame is that I was too busy enjoying driving many of these vehicles to actually take pictures of them. Don't get me wrong, I have over 50 pictures of my Mustang, but not of many of the other cars. I'm not much of a photographer either, so they probably would have come out poorly anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently started working on a new personal home page, but have at this moment only completed my "cars I've owned" page. It is at http://elinow.net/eric/cars.html and basically is the same thing that you've just posted here regarding your cars. A few other sites are doing similarly as such.

I always find it interesting to see what others have owned, and your list was no exception. My first (and only) pickup was a Chevy as well, for what it was worth, it did its job, but I can't stand the interiors of American pickups (sans the current generation, while not to my liking, it definitely much better than previous generations from all manufacturers).

Thanks for the posting, it was refreshing to see.