Friday, December 16, 2005

Moving some important links to front page from the "basement"


Just as someone may rummage through their basement, I was looking over my "link page" and decided to move some important links here to the front page. When I first started this blog, I didn't know much about the Internet or Blogs in general and about what I could do with this page in particular. It took me a while to figure out how to edit the links and add them to the sidebar, so initially I created a second page, technically a seperate blog, called Ford Dream Links, that was supposed to list every page I had visited in the process of researching for the main blog. And that worked fine for a long time. I feel that for someone like myself, this page would become an asset, seeing how I had listed Ford clubs and enthusiast pages as well as auto related blogs.

Eventually I moved some of the "major players" to the front page, but shamefully forgot to add a few. So tonight I've corrected that mistake. On the left you will notice that the Auto Muse, Grant's Auto Rants and AutoGuy have been added.

It's important to realize that I knew nothing about computers or the internet when I started this, and sometimes I sure that becomes evident when you're reading my posts. But in reality I've learned a lot and feel much more comfortable with computers because of this adventure over the last 8 months. In 8 months I've posted over 900 items, learned how to add photos and links and hopefully improved my spelling and writing skills. Not bad for a guy that never graduated from College.

No comments: