Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Shelby CS6, a supercharged V6 Mustang with 350 hp!!!


I have to thank Shawn a regular reader for the heads up on this one. It seems that Caroll Shelby is at it again, taking a Mustang and giving it some real go. This time Shelby has given us a 350 hp supercharged and intercooled V6 Mustang. Suspension upgrades and a body kit are also part of the package, and the overall effect is awesome.

Now, I'm not the boy racer type, so get rid of the body kit and stripes and give me just the Performance upgrades. What a sleeper that would be. I'll take the black Pony Package with gold stripes ala GT350H and these upgrades and be a happy man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people were complaining that it is V6 instead of a V8. I like this set up much better. In order to make it affordable, the GT500 V8 is an iron block...it is also heavy. A supercharged V6 makes so much more sense.

I rather take off weight than add horsepower/more weight any day.

Big Ford Fan said...

Shawn, I agree with you, also the lower insurance costs with the V6 would help. I'm not sure I'd pay for the Shelby model, but the supercharger kit would be great.

Dotty Gale, I know that your supercharger had problems, but there have been many supercharged cars over the years that have had reliable components. Just look at the R package on Studebakers (Avanti, Lark and Hawks) And the Shelby Paxton options.