Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why I don't jump on doomsday bandwagon

Some may wonder why I don't post on some news related to Ford, such as managment changes or plant closings or the "decline" of Ford or the big three in general. It's simple, there are two reasons. The first is that I don't feel that I know enough about the situation to discuss it inteligently, and there are enough people doing it already. Second, I don't think Ford is necessarily in "decline", I think they need to do some work to get back up to the level they were at and I think they can and will do it.

So if you must read about these topics, please check the following blogs and sites;
www.autoblog.com www.blueovalnews.com www.carscarscars.blogs.com and www.jalopnik.com www.thetruthaboutcars.com

All of these are among my daily reads, and are well writen and updated often. I don't feel the need to repeat rumors and guesses, because that doesn't make them true. Maybe if some of the people who tear down Ford and GM in their posts, should tell us how they would do things better, what they would like to see changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nature of business cycle and competition means there will be up and downs.

It's good for the domestics in the long run. I guess I'm too old...I remember too many times that people have prounced America dead or in deline.