Wednesday, May 25, 2005

NextGenAuto seeks response to Scion, here's what Ford could do


Ford EcoSport mini SUV

On his page, NextGenAuto comments on what some automakers can do in response to Scion and address the Youth/Entry market better. He focuses on Nissan and Honda, but as you know I am concerned with Ford. I think Ford could do two things here, counter Scion and the possible flood of new cars for overseas and save Mercury at the same time. Ford makes some great cars for overseas markets including this Ford EcoSport from the Latin American market and the Ka and Fiesta in Europe. I also like the Courier/Bantam mini ute, but for my point these three cars will do. Mercury could benefit from new unique models and with their new image of youth in their marketing, this could be a good prospect. I'm not saying they should reintroduce the Merkur name for imported Fords, just badge them Mercury and don't hype the import thing at all.

No comments: