Thursday, May 19, 2005

So what's "new" about it?


When I posted this picture the other day, I thought that grill looked familiar. At first I just put it off to a familal relationship to the new F-150, but then I looked at some of the other Ranger pictures I have on my computer and realized this grill isn't even new. It's a piece that Ford has used on overseas market Rangers for the last few years. Christ have they gotten lazy, not even a new grill, just something they had in the parts bin.

This one just pissed me off. The Ranger which was the BEST SELLING COMPACT PICKUP FOR !^ YEARS, doesn't even warrant a propper refresh. I can't understand this. I read yesterday on BBC's TopGear website, that when the Ranger was introduced into the UK market in 99 it dominated the small pickup market. Fully 1/3 of all pickups sold in the UK are Rangers.

When I went to Ireland a while back, I only saw a few pickups, but almost all of them were Rangers. I saw one Mitsu and two Toyota and a dozen Rangers in a week traveling from Limmerick to Waterford, then Dublin to Kilearny and back to Limmerick.

Ford bring us the crew cab and the 2.5L diesel, PLEASE!!!!

No comments: