Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A video stroll down memory lane

I was going through my home office today and found a bunch of VHS tapes that were unmarked. So, I brought them over to the VCR and started to play them one at a time. I was taken by surprise by one of them, a tape I had forgotten about. Several years ago, not long after I got my 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback, one of my best friends and I took our stangs to Englishtown Raceway Park to make a couple of runs. I had forgotten about the tape, which has some very good footage of me and my buddy Joe Z lined up and facing off in our 5.0 Mustangs. His was an 86 Red GT convertilble and mine was a 91 Deep Emerald Green notchback. Both stock running pump gas. Neither was a record setter, but both were reliable fast cars that we drove down and back.

I had never run the quarter mile before and from all the wheelspin and poor ET's it's obvious. But the other thing that's obvious now all these years later, is how much fun we had then and how fortunate I am to have such good friends. Gene F was the guy behind the lens and had a very steady hand while filming. I have to make a copy of this tape for Joe Z before we go to Carlisle. And if I can figure out a way, I'd love to upload a short portion of this onto the web and link to it here. That would be very cool.

If anyone knows, how I could do that, please email me at myforddreams@aol.com

No comments: