Wednesday, June 29, 2005

MyFordDreams to be edited of some content

To any of my readers that like the pictures on these pages, I advise you to copy them if you want them. in the 3 months that I have been posting on this blog, I have put up almost 700 posts, some are just a picture here or there. Now Blogger has a limit of 999 posts to be free and I don't want to pay for more space so over the next few days I will be going over the archives and deleting pictures or posts that I fell can go.

Now don't worry, I'm not going to delete everything, but I realize that I don't need every year Thunderbird posted here or every F series truck and station wagon. Some of the Festiva pictures may go also, as well as others that will be eliminated to regain space.

I will not be eliminating any links, but they should all be available on the link page anyway.
This may result in the elimination of some reader comments, but I will try and avoid that if possible.

This very post will be removed after a few days to make space.

So if you like a picture copy it to your hardrive now. I will be starting with May and then April and finally June. I should have the posts removed by the end of the holiday weekend.

Luckily I have all of these photos on hard drive and CD for my own collection. I may try and move some of the better photos to my underused AOL photo page.


Opps! I may have been wrong, it looks like Blogger does not have a limit of 999 posts after all. I think that's just a monthly limit or something.
I will not be deleting anymore old posts. I may delete this one to save myself the embarasment :) I'm going to check with Blogger support and find out for sure.

Alright, I checked and there does not seem to be a limit on total posts, so I will not be deleting anything including this post. I am not going through the process of restoring the posts I have deleted though.
I know I'm lazy.

Gotta love Blogger/Blogspot though. If it wasn't free, I wouldn't have started, but if it ever charges a fee, I'll consider keeping it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could use a free hosting service, offboard of Blogger, to store pictures, and simply link to them in your posts using the "img" HTML tag.

Big Ford Fan said...

Autoprophet, thanks for the tip.
I may be able to do that and then insert the link into an existing post.

The way I've been doing it up until now is using Hello and each picture counts as a post in the total.

My intention of doing this for free means that when I have my 999 free posts done, I will have to start a new blog and link to it from here. MYFORDDREAMS2? or MYFORDCOMPLAINTS?

For now, just removing pics and stuff that won't be missed too much. I think I was the only one who wanted to see all the station wagons. :)