Wednesday, April 13, 2005

SHO-Gun


This guy couldn't buy a SHOGun, so he built it himself. Nice job too.

The SHOGun, was a tuner vehicle, I don't recall who made it, but the idea was to mimic the Renault 5 Turbo. Take the Yamaha V-6 and transaxle from the Taurus SHO and put it in the rear of the Festiva, to make a mid-engined road burner. Weighing in at just under 2500 lbs. with 220 hp, these cars were beasts. From what I've seen online, only a handful of these pocket rockets were built. The pictured car was built by a guy who couldn't fine one, so he built it himself. I must say, he's done an excelent job too. Check out the other pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHOgun was built by Chuck Beck and Rick Titus. I think 7 were built.

Big Ford Fan said...

Mike, thanks for filling in the details. I've only ever seen one SHOgun up close and believe it or not the guy was delivering pizza in it. I'm sure he owned the pizza parlor. What a cool little car.