Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ford Freestyle


Ford Freestyle, based on Volvo S-80/XC90 platform, with either front wheel or all wheel drive is a great "Crossover" vehicle. I prefer Station Wagon, but you call it what you want. I first layed eyes on this in Nashville last year at the Mustang 40th celebration. I was able to sit in it and check out everything. The only thing I couldn't do then was drive it. Not many people were paying attention to this or the 500, because there were Mustangs as far as the eye could see and a Ford GT. Not to mention all the celebrities.

The Freestyle is often compared to Minvans in magazine, and it's cargo carrying capacity is good, but this is not a minivan. I don't much like the Freestyle name, I think they could have done better than that, but it goes to that hole F and E naming scheme at Ford. I think they should have called it either Country Sedan or Cuontry Squire with some wood on the side.

While the sedan Fivehundred is flying off dealer lots, the Freestyle is not selling quite as well.
But this is a great wagon.

No comments: