Wednesday, April 20, 2005

2005 Mustang GT


April of 2004 at Nashville Super Speedway, this is the first 2005 Mustang GT I ever saw. I was heading towards the grandstands for the opening ceremonies and it just pulled up. Some guy got out and walked towards the stage. I was hooked from the first time I laid eyes on it.

Last year one of my best friends and I drove down from New York to Nashville for the 40th Aniversary of the Ford Mustang. A 4 day car show and swap meet event at Nashville Super Speedway. It was a major event, and there were celebrities everywhere. I walked withing 15 feet of Carol Shelby, Bill Ford, Sean Hyland of Hyland Motorsports, the host of My Classic Car, Dennis Gage, the hosts of Horsepower TV Joe and Chuck. There were so many big names it's hard to remember them all. But the most amazing thing was my chance to see and touch the 2005 Mustang in person. Like everybody else, I had seen pictures, but there is nothing that can compare to seeing it pull up and hearing that throaty exaust note for the first time.

Mark my words, I will have a new Mustang within the next 18 months. I haven't test driven one yet, but know that I will love it. I did sit in it and run my hand over much of the interior and engine compartment. This was a special trip and I have my friend Joe Z to thank for those memories, becasue he talked me into goin. A 14 hour drive each way, but man I would do it again. This year we are going to Carlisle PA for the all Ford show in June, only a 4 hour drive. I'm going to try and post pics from the show when I get back.

No comments: